Screen Printing: Non-Traditional Methods
Friday & Saturday, June 16 & 17
Hours: 10 am – 5 pm
Level of Expertise: all levels
Instructor: Heather Allen Hietala
Students will pay the instructor $50 at the beginning of the workshop, for the following:
- screen and squeegee for each student
- clear contact paper
- textile paints
- butcher paper
- cups and knives
- trays for paint
- Saran wrap
- t-pins (for you to take home)
- variety of stencils and resists
- Davie board squeegees
- hair dryer and extension cords
- masking tape 1' and 1 1/2"
- papers to collect prints
Students should bring:
- current journals and/or sketchbooks and writing tool
- images that you respond to: photos, postcards, books, collected images
- Sharpie marker
- Xacto knife and sharp pointed blades
- cutting surface
- apron or wear old clothes
- hair dyer if you have one
- old towel
- bring what you have in the way of: stencils, office stickers, labels, bits of thin lace, netting or other thin stencil like fabrics, and what ever you may have that could create an interesting texture or pattern. Instructor will have lots to play with.
- 2 - 3 yards of fabric, can be light to med colored or white. We will pin down smaller pieces at a time so 3/4 to 1 yard pieces are great, bring different colors to work with.
© Cloth Fiber Workshop. All Rights Reserved.